Why do I feel funny in legs after drinking alcohol?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i am wondering why my legs feel funny the day after i drink alcohol.
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

You might have Restless Legs Syndrome. It is a disorder in which, those affected feel a constant urge to move their legs to ease unpleasant sensations.

About 5% of the world’s adult population suffers from chronic XXXXXXX legs, and some research indicates that symptoms may increase with alcohol use.

Neuropathy and Vitamin B deficiency caused by alcohol abuse can aggravate the symptom. This above and beyond that, glutamine rebound post-drinking can make it tough to achieve a XXXXXXX sleep.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.