Why did my boxers stick to my buttocks?

Yesterday with the heat index it was 115 degrees. I'm a delivery guy for Shaving food service. When I got home, besides the pain, my wife had to help me peal my underwear off my butt. It stuck, and boy did it hurt. Also, I had heat rash but I never had my boxers stick to my body. What can I do so this don't happen again. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

One thing that is important from the description of your rash is that the rash is not itchy and is red. Secondly you got it after a whole day travelling in heat. From these symptoms two possibilities are important.

1) This rash can be due to chafing or friction rub between skin kin and the clothes. Chafing is basically skin irritation and redness which occurs when skin rubs against skin or clothing.

2) Second possibility is of intertrigo skin. It is a skin condition caused by inflammation of the skin folds aggravated by heat, moisture, maceration, friction, and lack of air circulation and is caused by two skin surfaces rubbing or pressing against each other.

Follow these methods for a quick relief from this redness:
1) Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material. When doing exercise wear athletic tights or cycling shorts.

2) Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3) You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

4) Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.