Why are my liver enzymes high?

I just received a call back from some blood work, my liver enzymes were high and my potassium is low. I take an allergy pill and 1 vitamin d (1000 mg.) aday. I do not drink alchol, i have been very tired lately. But I do work a 50+ hour week and then go home to a 91 year old bedridden mother to take care of. I will go in September for my annual ob-gyn exam and mammogram, I am scheduling a ultrasound to be done on my gall bladder. Can you have any suggestion on what else I should do. Oh my cholesterol was 132.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 1 hour later

There are four liver enzymes that are a part of LFT - ALT, AST elevation indicating liver inflamation & ALP elevation indicating an obstructed biliary system. GGT is an acessory marker and helps to pinpoint the cause of elvation of other enzymes to a liver disease. So you need to clarify on this aspect to help you further.

Also please provide the salt / ingredient in Zytrex. Vit D is principally stored in liver and adipose tissue and hence Vit D defeciency may or may not be related to your liver illness.Elevated ALT AST can be commonly because of fatty liver, drugs or viral infections. Further management and implications depends on the underlying cause.

Weakness could be due to sleep deprivation, stress, liver disease or low potassium
Please revert back with relavent details to help us guide you further