Why am i noticing secretion of milk from my breasts while squeezing inspite of abortion?

I had an abortion when it was 1 month old, but when I squeeze my breast I notice milk and water coming out. it over a month now since I had the abortion but the milk and water still coming out of my breast. what could the problem be please help.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It can be still from your pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help. even though it has been a month, it can still be from the pregnancy, even though the pregnancy was terminated so early. Try to not squeeze your breasts, because that can only make it worse. If the problem persists more than three months after the abortion, you should have your doctor check hormone levels such as prolactin and thyroid, which can be related to nipple discharge while not pregnant or nursing. I hope this was helpful, please let me know if you have any more questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Why am i noticing secretion of milk from my breasts while squeezing inspite of abortion? 3 hours later
Can a woman secrete breast milk within 1 month of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: due to the increase in progesterone associated with pregnancy, there can occasionally be nipple discharge even early in pregnancy, and it can persist for several weeks after pregnancy. We usually want test for other disorders unless it persists for several months after pregnancy. It is not common, but at this point it still could be the pregnancy. It is not actually milk, but it can appear similar. I would wait a little longer and try to avoid nipple stimulation, and see your doctor if it continues for several more weeks, until around three months after the pregnancy was terminated. Please let me know if you have any more questions. I hope I am being helpful to you.