Why am I unable to urinate?

I can't urinate. Why?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 1 hour later
Brief Answer: prostate gland disease may be the cause urine . Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks and welcome to XXXXXXX . Disease of the prostate gland may be the cause fo the urine problem. At the age of 76 years the cause for obstruction to pass urine is either benign hypertrophy or malignant growth. Usually they will have urge to pass urine. They have to strain for passing urine and asmall stream will come out. They will get up several times during night but unable to pass urine satisfactorily . Better consult a surgeon/urologist to confirm the disease clinically as well as by investigations like Ultrasound examination and estimation of PSA. Hope reply fulfills your need. Please feel free to ask further queries if any. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.