Why am I unable to move my arm and have difficulty in breathing after a fall?

I fell yesterday heard popping noise and am having a lot of pain unable to USA arm, breathing hurts?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Investigations required. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. You haven't mentioned the site of injury or from where the popping sound came from and if there is any associated external injury I assume, based on inability to use a arm and pain during breathing, that it is on shoulder and chest. But it is important to know if muscle or bone or both are affected. For this a clinical examination is required. If muscle injury, usually rest and muscle relaxants are advised and in severe case(tear) surgery may be done. If bone Fracture, X-rays will be advised and reduction is done. I advise you to see a orthopedic doctor for clinical examination and investigations like X-rays. In the meantime, NSAIDs like Ibuprofen can be taken for Pain and give rest to affected part. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Follow-up: Why am I unable to move my arm and have difficulty in breathing after a fall? 2 hours later
It's my rib just under the breast left side
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: X-ray is advised Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up. Considering your age and site of injury, It might be a rib fracture. It usually heals by itself. Chest X-ray PA view is required to confirm the fracture. If there is fracture or not, both cases will require conservation management with bed rest, NSAIDs like Ibuprofen and Calcium Supplement. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.