Why am I unable to hold things in left forearm?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My left forearm has been hurting me lately and it's affecting my ability to grip and raise items, especially anything with a little bit of weight.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems to be tennis elbow Detailed Answer: Hi, From description it seems to be tennis elbow.The site of the pain in tennis elbow is where some tendons from your forearm muscles attach to the bone around your elbow. Typically, pain is made worse by lifting, gripping and twisting movements of the affected arm. I suggest you to try the following- Resting from activities that bring on pain. Try using an ice-pack (such as a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a towel) on the tender area twice a day for ten minutes. Take anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen to ease pain and inflammation in tennis elbow. Some anti-inflammatory painkillers also come as creams or gels which you can rub over your painful area. If the above measures do not work, or if you have severe pain and difficulty using your arm, an injection of a steroid into the painful area may ease the pain. Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concerns.