Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I unable to have erection with pus around my penis?

Jul 2016

Hi, For a past 3 days i have pain near my private part . i have consulted a sex specialist and he has said tat there is a pus formation around the penis. i feel abnormality due 2 dis. i XXXXXXX have erections due 2 dis prob.. specialist has given me some tabs and asked 2 drink water often and not 2 eat chicken fa next 20days..wil dis prob be solved or is dis anythin serious i need 2 look out for..
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Mostly it is due to infection of the urethra. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query, I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Did you have unprotected sex before you developed these symptoms? 2) Do you have pain in penis ,or testicles? 3) Do you have other urinary symptoms like burning urination ,increased frequency etc ? 4) Can you name the medications prescribed by your Dr.? Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get following basic tests done to find out the cause of your problem . 1) Routine urine test and urine culture 2) Swab test of a pus and culture and sensitivity test of the find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.