Why am I sweating and feeling bloated whole day?

My problem is...Mainly n the A.M. after breakfast, all said and done. Just a sip of water can turn into a disaster for the whole day. I get soo bloated im unzipping my pants, or through sweats back. anything to releive the pressure. it gets to the point that the pressure of my bra is annoying enough to take off. I have gotten to the point I drink nothing all day but a cup of XXXXXXX tea. help!!!!!!!
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 38 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Bloating can be a very annoying symptom and in some persons can cause significant abdominal discomfort.
There are a number of potential causes such as:(1) constipation
(2) GERD
(3) lactose intolerance
(4) food allergy or intolerance - some foods such as turnips, cabbage , brussel sprouts,eggs, cucumbers, bananas, peaches,fried or fatty foods, wheat products,broccoli, carbonated drinks and beans can result in bloating
(5) swallowed air- some persons have the habit of swallowing air
(6) side effect of medication
(7) symptoms such as vomiting

The most common causes are GERD, lactose intolerance and intolerance to a particular food.
If you experience any of the other symptoms of GERD such as epigastic or chest burning (usually worse at night and early morning), acid taste in the mouth, excess salivation then it may be GERD and you can consider adopting the lifestyle changes for GERD, as well as medication.
The lifestyle changes include weight loss if necessary, small meals, avoiding fried/fatty/acidic/spicy meals, wait at least 2 hrs after eating before lying down.

If you do not have any of the GERD symptoms then it may be related to a food that you are using. You may have to try eliminating one food at a time to determine the culprit. In this case the use of GERD medication may still be helpful along with elimination of the particular food.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Why am I sweating and feeling bloated whole day? 11 minutes later
I appreciate your time, but your answer does not pertain to me, if it helps. it is 10 to 3pm. and Im still bloated I can feel the water as if i just drank it, and that was at 9a.m. this feeling will sit with me all day. I am latose intolerance, dairy is not a part of my diet. I'v been taking my med for 10yrs.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later

The ability to feel the water that you would have drank this morning would imply a slow digestive process or decrease in peristalsic movement of the bowel or obstruction.
The three of these would result in bloating because of the retention of air.
To investigate this your doctor may suggest blood and imaging investigations.
The blood investigations may include reassessment of the thyroid to ensure that the levels are appropriate since low levels reduce peristalic movement.
Imaging tests would check for any evidence of obstruction.

Hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions