Why am I suffering from nausea after taking reglan during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I had my ultrasound yesterday and docs confirmed the heart beat of my little bean. My vaginal discharge (milky white) completely stopped since last evening. I am little anxious to know if this is normal? I had 5mg of reglan which was prescribed to me by my provider to avoid severe nausea. I am experiencing this only after I had reglan.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. As per ultrasound scan, you are carrying a healthy pregnancy with positive fetal heart beat. Mild vaginal discharge is quite common throughout pregnancy period due to hormonal influence on cervical and vaginal gland. However, it is NOT mandatory to flow milky white vaginal discharge continuously. REGLAN (Metoclopramide) can also decrease vaginal discharge and cause vaginal dryness as side effect to some extent. It will be NORMAL within 1 to 2 days and you should maintain genital hygiene properly. Do periodic check up to your doctor. To avoid nausea, you should take easy digestible foods, drink more water, avoid bad or bitter smell food stuffs. Take puffed rice/ biscuit or dry fruits when you feel nausea. Combined Doxylamine & Pyridoxine like DOXINATE etc can be taken at bed time (2 tabs). You can consult with your doctor regarding this. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and successful motherhood. Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
People also viewed
- Microgynon 3 excess body hair
- Fetus with excessive fluids all over body
- 8 months pregnant twins ultrasound done suggestions
- Positive pregnancy test ultrasound shows myoma nodules no embryo meaning
- Pregnant smokes marijuana is that harmful to the baby
- Reglan dosage for nausea
- Stomach cramp white discharge throb vagina negative pregnancy test suggestion
- Can i take reglan for small intestine intubation?
- Suggest contraceptive pill to prevent getting pregnant
- Rash on face and body vomiting infant
- Body fluid extra pulmonary tb
- Nausea during early pregnancy
- Foreign body eye rollercoaster
- Reglan in pregnancy
- Is taking buccastem for nausea safe during pregnancy