Why am I suffering from erectile dysfunction after marriage?

Infertility Specialist
I am 32 yrs old male and got married recently. I have a problem now, i am not able to get strong erection and even if i get one it does not last more than 2 seconds. This was not the case 2 months back, before i got married. I had healthy erection, it used to last for long time and i used to mastrubate quite often and sometimes multiple times in a day. Now getting erection seems to be a huge task. Not sure what changed in 2 months, is this could be because of porn induced ED?
I am yet to consummate marriage and i am very worried, plz tell me how to proceed further, thanks
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) You are young man of 32 years age. Hence you are unlikely to be suffering from any illness for your problem.

2) Most common cause of premature ejaculation at your age is anxiety. This is more likely since your previous erections were normal and it is a recent problem. This has nothing to do with porn or mastrubation.

3) I advise you to stay relaxed and comfortable while having sex. Built more friendy talks with wife and build confidence.

4) Indulge in foreplay for a longer time which will prolong sexual time

5) Have healthy diet and practice yoga , meditation and exercises.

6) The following exercises are also useful. Kegel's exercise: Here, you need to repeatedly contract and relax the muscles you use when you need to hold back urine. This needs to be done sitting on your chair when you are actually not trying to hold back urine.
b. Squeeze technique: In this, your wife needs to start arousing you. When the you feels that you are almost at the point of ejaculation, she should stop arousing him. She then needs to squeeze the head of penis for between 10 to 20 seconds. She then lets go and waits for another 30 seconds before resuming masturbation. This process is carried out several times before ejaculation is allowed to occur.
c. Stop-go technique- It is similar to the squeeze technique except that the woman does not squeeze the penis.

7) If condition does not improve with above measures, consult a gynecologist or XXXXXXX for prescription of tablet called sildenafil / dapoxitene to prolong erection time.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.