Why am I suffering from chest congestion and pressure breathing after having food and why is my problem increasing during sleep?
User rating for this question
hii sir, myself XXXXXXX i m 24 yrs old, i m suffering from a problem that is:- i feels chest congestion and pressure breathig after having food or tea. i felt some liquids obstruction(like acidity) in my throat for whole day and this problems increases when i slept after having lunch. i consult this with some physicians but they are telling this asthma without any test. i felt wheezing sound while running but i dont felt this while i had not taken lunch. so sir help me and give some valuable advice......
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Since this happens after lunch and on sleeping I would suspect gastroesophgeal reflux with possible aspiration into lungs. So ideal investigation would be barium swallow and seeing gastroenterology. Reflux are common after meal and in lying down position. So see gastroenterologist and get investigation done. Hope this helps. Please ask if there are doubts. Regards
Follow-up: Why am I suffering from chest congestion and pressure breathing after having food and why is my problem increasing during sleep? 2 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Aspiration Detailed Answer: Aspiration of content from stomach after reflux into lungs can cause wheezing and congestion.
Follow-up: Why am I suffering from chest congestion and pressure breathing after having food and why is my problem increasing during sleep? 4 minutes later
sir is there any chance of asthma, i m really worried about this. what are its remedies......................plz
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Since it occurs only after lunch there is no chance of asthma.
People also viewed
- Cant swallow after smoking weed
- Suffering from sleeping difficulties with breathing problem
- Why does breathing change while sleeping
- Cant poop after tonsilectomy
- Unesay feeling in chest
- Breathing problem during sleep inflamed nasal passage
- Right chest pain and fever
- Cant poop after taking milk of magnesia
- Heavy felling on left side chest
- Why i feel short of breath before sleeping
- Xray chest finding is increased vascula markings
- Painful ribs breathing issues unable to sleep why
- Candid b after pregnancy
- Still cant poop after laxitive
- Chest xray impression prominent minor fissure