Why am I passing clear yellow smelly liquid out of anus?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi Doctor
I have clear yellow liquid coming out of my anus that smells very, very bad. This is happening from the past 3-4 weeks. I do smoke, drinks regularly almost 3-4 days a week and eat lot of non veg food.

Please provide your valuable help.

Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 38 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Assuming that you do not have any pain while passing stools and that you are not consuming stool softners for a long period of time suggests infection.
You need to get your stool sample examined.
1.Avoid alcoholic beverages.
2.High fiber diet.
3. Plenty of water.
4. A course of antibiotics(ciprofloxacin with metronidazole)
5.reduce the intake of non veg food for the time being especially red meat.
6. Avoid outside food articles.
I hope this answers your querry.

Follow-up: Why am I passing clear yellow smelly liquid out of anus? 8 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your valuable inputs.
I don't have any pain while passing stools neither I am consuming any stool softners.
I do have acidity problem for which I am taking antacid. Does it has any relation with my problem?

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 6 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Consuming antacids for a long period of time decreases the acidity of the stomach thereby increasing the incidence of gastrointestinal infections.
Therefore it is important that antacid therapy needs to be stopped when infective symptoms of the gut develop.
I hope this answers your querry.