Why am I losing my balance and having a stiff neck due to pressure in head?

Hello My name is Peg and I am experiencing some sort of vertigo. I feel very unbalanced like I may fall and I also have pressure on the right side of my head and a stiff neck. I feel like I'm falling even while sitting a t the computer. Sort of rocking back and forth. When I walk I tend to lean to the left almost like a gait. Also my visuals are alittle blurry but my glasses are not that great. Sorry pressure on the left side of my head.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Middle ear infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from an infection of the middle ear which is causing the vertigo. However such vertigos should never be ignored especially when there is a feeling of pressure and vision difficulties, I strongly suggest you to meet a neurologist for a CT brain plain to rule out organic issues which might be causing the vertigo. I suggest the following 1. Tab Vertin taken three times a day will help you bring down the symptoms of the vertigo 2. Stay away from sharp instruments and heights. I also recommend not to drive until you are better 3. Do not get up from sitting or sleeping positions too quickly as it might worsens the vertigo 4. If the condition worsens, you start vomiting, you start noticing weakness on one side of your body please approach an ER immediately I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards