Why am I loosing my hair? Looking for solution

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
I am loosing my hair very fastly,but cant able to find out the reason/solutions
Request you to please explain in details
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Souvik Adhikari 2 hours later

There are many causes for hair loss, the most common amongst them being genetic and hormonal apart from others. I will tell you briefly about the causes of hair loss and then proceed with the solution:

1. Genetic: You are 28 years old, this is a time when genetically determined hair loss accelerates leading to frontal and central baldness. This is purely due to the increased sensitivity to dihydrotestosterone, a normal male hormone and is prominent in individuals who have a family history of baldness.

2. Hormonal: abnormalities in thyroid hormones can cause increased hair fall so this must be excluded first.

3. Environmental changes: exposure to a new environment can cause hair loss which can be dramatic. Also contributory is an increased concentration of minerals and other substances in water used for bathing.

4. Nutritional: Deficiencies in vitamins and trace elements can lead to hair loss.

Solutions therefore are:

1. Get yourself examined by a physician to find out if you have any hormonal abnormalities or if it is entirely genetic.

2. Eat a healthy diet XXXXXXX in fruits, vitamins and minerals. Multivitamin and trace element supplementation would also help.

3. There are a lot of medications used to address hair loss including finasteride, minoxidil and so on but you must first be examined by a physician who can prescribe these to you because these can have serious side effects. Therefore, the benefits should be balanced against the risk of developing side effects.

4. If nothing works, do not lose hope! XXXXXXX a plastic surgeon and hair transplantation can be thought of which shifts the genetically resistant hairs on the back of your scalp to the area from which hair loss has occurred leading to hair growth which is normal!

I hope my answer helped you, if you need further clarifications do let me know!

Best wishes,

Dr. Souvik Adhikari
Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgeon