Why am I having weird feeling in leg and pain in heel after an accident?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Doctor, 5 months back in a traffic, there happened a incident where a rickshaw went on my leg(toes part). I had small pain at middle toe bone. I met an ortho doctor, got x-ray, he gave me some medicine, put elastic bandage. I followed it for 3 weeks. Kept my leg in hot water also. It got less. But since then, sometimes early morning and while sleeping i get weird feeling of complete leg electrified little bit. After long time, yesterday i played cricket(random running etc.), Now all of a sudden today morning got severe pain on left heel. Today morning was not able to walk. I kept my leg in hot water and pain got lessened. Was able to come to office. Please advice me on this Thanks, XXXX
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from plantar fasciitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From your symptoms, it seems that you are suffering from plantar fasciitis. It happens due to inflammation of the plantar fascia. This heal pain is not related to your previous injury. It hurts the most with the first few steps in the morning because the plantar fascia is tight and has not stretched out yet, and throughout the day it loosens up. The best thing you can do is when you wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed and taking a step, give yourself a little foot rub. There are many things you can try to help your foot get better: Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your feet hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces. Use shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin), naproxen (such asAleve), or aspirin. Do toe stretches, calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning. A 4-inch wide Crepe bandage wrapped around the region also helps reduce discomfort. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care