Why am I having swollen upper lip with headache in left temple?
User rating for this question
I have had a pounding left temple headache off and on for a couple of days. when i woke up yesterday morning i had a slight feeling of a swollen upper lip. i just woke up at 2am with the same symptoms.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It needs evaluation in a 69 yr old. Detailed Answer: Hi A left temporal headache when it is pounding should be called for further investigations in a 69 year old man. This is because the chances of blood leak is high in this age group and many a time the leak would present in this way as you have. I do not intend to scare you but this is how I practice. After regular physical examination and recording vitals I suggest you to get MRI of the brain. The next would be Xray of the cervical spine to test for cervical spondylosis. If all of the above are normal and the blood pressure are within normal limits I would start with migraine and anxiety therapy. Ask for a follow up after one month. Hope this sounds helpful.
People also viewed
- Upper lip twitching and headache
- Temple and upper lips twitching
- Sudden swollen upper lip
- Nose picking headache scab
- Hiv swollen upper lip
- Calf tigtness and anxiety
- Are sharp spasmic headaches normal
- Crusty swollen upper lip
- Cetylpyridinium chloride causes anxiety
- Can pinworms cause anxiety mood changes
- Random headaches nosebleeds and strange taste
- Nosebleed throbbing headache and sinsus pressure
- Nursing care plan for anxiety
- Blood in urine stress anxiety
- Headaches and nose sting