Why am I having strong sense of smell all of a sudden?

Excellent

Question
I HAVE A STRONG SENCE OF SMELL ALL OF A SUDDEN ? I SMELL MOLD AND MUSTY SMELL MY PEE SMELLS VARY STRONG AND NOW FOOD STINKS
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 hours later
Hi,thanks for using healthcare magic

Hyperosmia is heightened sense of smell, it could be genetic, enviromental.Since the symptoms only recently started it is unlikely to be genetic. In terms of enviromental causes:side effect of medications, parkinsons disease, inhalation of hydrocarbons.
Some persons may have distortion of smell (substances that previously smelt ok, now may be repugnant)-this is called dysosmia and may be related to infections in the sinuses or mouth, hepatitis, depression

Your threshold for smell can be assessed by your doctor to determine the level of distortion.These tests involve odor detection and odor identification where different substances are used to try and provoke a response. In some persons more specialised tests may be done.
Your normal sense of smell should return, avoid strong odors for now, in severe cases prescribed medication can be used for a short period of time

I hope this helps , feel free to ask any other questions