Why am I having stomach pain and back pain even after discontinuing ZenPep medication?

General Surgeon
I am having severe stomah pain since taking ZenPep also some pain in my back. I notified my doctor as I was on some samples before and also had to stop the drug. I have stopped the drug, but still having pain in my styomach and back.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gallstones. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Zenpep is quite safe medicine and is rather not the reason of your pain. Symptoms mentioned by you are very characteristic for gallstones. The pain is in the upper middle or right abdomen which radiates to the back. Nausea and vomiting can be present. Symptoms can be triggered by fatty foods, spicy foods or alcohol. Thas is why I suggest you to have abdominal ultrasound and blood work. If all this tests will be negative, gastroscopy should be next. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.