Why am I having sores under foreskin after masturbation?

Hi there, After masturbating quite roughly, I noticed a sore under my foreskin. It is now red with almost like a whitehead on top of it. I'm just worried as some online health forums says it's herpes, but it just seems strange for it develop after a masturbation session. I have not had any sexual relations for 8 months.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 7 hours later
Brief Answer: topical antibiotic and rest will help Detailed Answer: Dear patient Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX A sore in undersurface of foreskin is a common condition due to vigorous movement resulting into frictional damage at sensitive parts. Rest and stoppage of further damage will take care of the condition in approximately 5-7days. Topical antibiotic cream application is recommended for prevention of any secondary bacterial infection and at the same time will give moisturising and soothing effect at the local site. You can apply over the counter available antibiotic cream on the affected region. Herpes results in multiple confluent fluid filled vesicles accompanied with burning and pain. Regards Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Why am I having sores under foreskin after masturbation? 3 hours later
Thank you. Do you have any recommended names of topical antibiotic creams which I can buy OTC?
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 10 hours later
Brief Answer: fusidic acid, mupirocin or nadifloxacin Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your follow up mail. Antibiotic creams containing any of the following salts can be used namely Mupirocin Fusidic acid Nadifloxacin. Regards Dr.Rohit Batra