Why am I having severe pain in upper thigh after jumping from a truck?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Doctor My husband fell from his work truck two days ago. It was moving at a slow speed and he seemed fine at first, but today he has fairly severe pain in the upper part of his thigh. The pain radiates from the very top of his leg and around to his backside. I'm concerned because there is no bruise but the muscle under the skin is VERY hard, I'm worried he may have a torn muscle or ligament. Should this be looked at by a doctor? Thank you for your advise, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Traumatic injuries can be soft tissue Detailed Answer: Hi, Traumatic injuries can be - either soft tissue or vascular injuries. The bleeding that occurs result in hematoma collection and may lead to hard feeling of muscles. Over a period of time, as hematoma resolves it cause local skin symptoms around the hematoma. We can wait until you see a doctor. After clinical examination we can decide for further investigation like Ultrasonography of thigh or x ray of thigh. In the interim, you can use vitamin supplements and icing the injury. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Why am I having severe pain in upper thigh after jumping from a truck? 10 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX Gandi, Thanks for your quick reply...Just to confirm, you are advising he sees a doctor correct? In addition which vitamin supplements are you referring too. Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes for clinical examination -see a doctor Detailed Answer: Hello Yes for clinical examination -see a doctor. Vitamin supplement of Bcomplex and vit C will help for early recovery. Wishing you good health. Take care.