Why am I having rapid heart beat after driving my scooter?

this may be the dumbest question you ever received but can being near an electric motor for a hour or more cause increased heart rate I should have explained. when I ride my mobility scooter for any length of time I get rapid heart beat and then hyperventilate
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be motor related Detailed Answer: Hello, This is unlikely to be motor related.But can be due to exertion or some way reduced ventilation when you ride. Again one more important thing to consider is the feeling of any anxiety or stress while riding as that can cause such symptoms. If you have noticed such symptoms with any other physical activity in that case I would recommend an evaluation for heart and lungs. So I would suggest a routine clinical evaluation by your family doctor.If he/she finds anything suspicious then you can opt for investigations and specialized care. I don't feel this should a cause worry, but just a concern. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are any doubts. Regards.