Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I having pain in penis?

From yesterday onwards i am having a small pain in my penis. it occurs only when i move in a particular position when i sit without wearing any under garments i dont feel the pain only when it rubs against the clothes which i wear then only i have pain that too not always. the pain is only in one particular spot in the penis.i dont have problem urinating and dont feel pain either. Why is it so can u advice a medicine
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 30 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Pain the way you describe could be due to inflammation or infection of the head of the penis or the foreskin.
It is a reassurance that urine is normal.
Kindly get examined by a surgeon / urologist to do the needful.
Depending on what he finds, advice will be given, most probably in the form of topical antibiotics/ oral antibiotics.
Till you XXXXXXX the doctor
1. Pls clean the organ during bath daily.
2. Retract the foreskin and clean the underlying head of the penis.
3. Use cotton under garments.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.

Follow-up: Why am I having pain in penis? 2 hours later
Actually the pain is in the tip of the penis. I dont find any inflammation or discoloration of the penis either.Will it help if i find a physician first.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome back.
In that case, you may wait for a week or so for spontaneous resolution, if you can manage.
Till that time and always, kindly retract the foreskin and clean during bath with the same soap and water.

Wishing you best health,

Follow-up: Why am I having pain in penis? 26 hours later

Am I having a urinary infection I tested my urine the results are pus cells 3-6 epithelial cells 0-2 Cast nil crystals nil colour yellow clear reaction acidic sugar nil. Should i take medicine
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later

Welcome back.
Since urine shows pus cells, kindly get urine culture and sensitivity test done to check if---
1. Infection is confirmed.
2. Find the name of the bacteria and the intensity of infection.
3. Medicines that would work against it.

Hope this helps,

Get well soon.