Why am I having pain in my penis after having oral sex?

Question
I have a question about a condition I had in 2012 that has since been cleared up and I assume, cured. It was never fully diagnosed and I've always been curious, so I just wanted to lay out my symptoms and see what you make of it. Again, this is nothing I am currently dealing with. I have always strived to maintain not having sex before marriage. I am a virgin in the sense of never having had intercourse. I have, however, had oral sex. In March of 2012, I began a new relationship with a girl. She was someone who got regular tests and knew that she was STD free. I received oral sex from her and within the following week, had pain in my penis. It was a dull pain that was relieved only with urination. I was tested with a full STD panel from blood and urine that all came back negative. I was re-tested again months down the road and again, negative. The pain would subside if I took cranberry supplements. Ultimately, Bactrim seemed to make it go away as it was treated like a bladder infection. Things did not work out with this girl after several months and we parted ways. Toward the end of 2012, I began seeing another girl. I received oral sex and the same thing happened again. Once again, I got a full STD panel done that all came back negative. This time, it was harder to get rid of but ultimately the same treatment worked along with a change in diet. Things did not work out with that girl either, and I have been with a third girl ever since. I do not have this problem with her and have not had any occurrence of it. Every now and then if she is rough with it, I can feel a tiny feeling of what it used to feel like but it goes away within minutes. But I have always wondered what it was. I never had discharge beyond maybe a little preseminal fluid. It seemed to radiate into my backside near my prostate sometimes. Mostly, I felt it in the shaft and in the head. It was just a constant dull pain in my private area is the best way to describe it. I'd love to gain closure to this situation and rest my mind knowing it wasn't something serious or something that could pop up again. Your input is most appreciated. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Organic vs somatic reasons. Further testing... Detailed Answer: Dear, Before we go to discuss about the problem, I am glad that you are now free from this symptoms. Now, unprotected oral sex is less riskier than unprotected penetrative sex. The chances of serious infections are far less with oral sex. Further chances of serious sexually transmitted infections are more common in patients who have been with multiple partners than those loyal to single partner. I understand, you were involved with three partners; but from your description, you don't seem to have cheated on them while you were with them. Therefore at the outset, I rate your chance of serious infections as bottom low. Now about this pain, it seems to be arising from the bladder, prostate or the epididymis. Normal blood and urine examination indicates infective pathologies are less likely. But if you continue to have this pain, I would order for an ultrasound abdomen and pelvis along with cystoscopy to rule out non-infective inflammations / chronic inflammations. Urologist would be the right specialist to perform these tests. You can consult this specialist and get the test done. That being said, if you are free from this pain and discomfort, I wouldn't press for the test right away. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day and avoid stressors. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards