Why am I having pain in lungs when exhaling?

My lungs hurt when i exhale. Not when i inhale. just when i exhale. Its been like this for two days and today is worse then yesterday. It feels like the pain is in my lungs
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The pain in the chest may be due to pleurisy, a pneumonitis or due to muscle strain.
If you have any history of a jerl or push which can result in muscle strain then you should try over the counter pain killers.
If no such then the possibility of pleurisy is there. You may need antibiotics also in that case.
It is advisable that you get examined by a physician of your locality and get a Chest Xray to start with for settling a diagnosis.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!