Why am I having pain in feet after prolonged standing and working?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I consulted with healthcare magic doctor at XXXXXXX office, she described the observation and asked me to post a query to Orthopaedic.

Tenderness 1" lateral to mildine on both sides in left and right feet.
No swelling, redness, warmth noted
No fever

Tenderness increases on prolonged standing/working
No history of trauma
No history of pain anywhere else.

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 52.5kg
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 26 hours later

I went through the details submitted with diligence.

Pain in the feet in a young individual like you is mostly due to a muscle strain, Plantar fasciitis, positional anomaly or flat feet.

A direct examination will help in proper diagnosis. To help decrease your symptoms, you can start taking tylenol double strength twice daily after meals.

Improvising your body posture and doing light exercises like aerobics will help in maintaining the muscle tone.

Pay careful attention to selecting the correct running shoe based upon the foot type (flexible pronator vs. rigid supinator). This is extremely important.

In selected cases, shoe inserts (orthotics) may be necessary. The shoe inserts often permit patients to continue their routine activities.

You may need few physiotherapy sessions along with prescription anti inflammatory drugs after getting yourself examined from an Orthopedician.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.