Why am I having pain in belly button after bowel movement and feeling lightheaded?

Urologist
Question
I have pain behind my belly button after going to the bathroom, no burning, completely clear urine, lightheaded/dizziness. Last time I had the pains behind my belly button when urinating I ignored it, it went away, and then I was in the hospital for a bad UTI but no other symptoms? Could it back? Why don't I have normal symptoms?
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 38 minutes later
Dear,

The pain behind belly button in medical terminology is described as suprapubic pain. Suprapubic pain alone by itself can be the presenting feature of UTI. You may not have any other symptoms and then suddenly become very sick.

You should get yourself investigated with urinalysis and ultrasound abdomen. In the meantime you can start yourself on cranberry juice to partially take care of the UTI.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Why am I having pain in belly button after bowel movement and feeling lightheaded? 19 hours later
I had an ultrasound about 6 months ago it appeared normal. We also had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done because of some weird BMs I have been having in flairs.

When I was in the hospital last year for a week they said my thyroid levels were off, but then when they were rechecked a month later they all seemed normal.

I know something is off and something is not working but we can't figure out what and it's costing a lot of money for us.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later
Dear,

You should get yourself investigated with urinalysis and ultrasound abdomen. If everything is fine then just do not go for any more investigations and let everything settle down with time. However, if your symptoms persist then you may have to see your General Practitioner.

Sincerely

Rajiv goel