Why am I having numbness on lower lip at night?

what could cause me to wake up in the middle of the night with half of lower lip feeling numb or "asleep" stopped as soon as i got moving
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

It could be because of an acute allergic response or reaction to a particular food that you had at night, just before you went to sleep. It could be due to an insect bite, or any other external allergen deposited on the lower lip.

It could also be due to drug - a side effect or an overdose reaction.

It could also be due to electrolyte imbalance.

I see that it stopped, as you got moving. Hence, you need not worry about it now.

Watch if it recurs or progresses. Ideally, it should be gone soon.

Hope this helps. Let me know the progress.