Why am I having large amounts of blood in semen after masturbation?

Pulmonologist
Question
I have large amounts of blood in my semen after masturbation? I have had the antibiotics shot in the but and the 4 pills orally, I also had some amoxicillin, why do I have blood in my semen
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 2 hours later

Blood in your semen may be due to many reasons but most commonly it occurs from trauma during masturbation. It may be due to trauma to the urethra during your masturbation. It may also be co-incidental due to already persisting pathologies in the urethra or bladder. At first you should have an ultrasonography (USG) of the pelvic organs and also the penis. You must consult an urologist and get yourself locally examined. Ascending cysto-urethrogram may delineate your urethral pathology well. Meanwhile you may take tranexamic acid tablet orally and drink water adequately. You must consult an urologist without wasting too much time by seeking too many conservative managements.

Hope i have answered your queries. If you have further queries you may write back to me without hesitation.

Best Regards,
Dr Arnab Maji