Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I having hematoma like skin around my swollen penis?

Sep 2013

this morning my penis suddenly swollen, i do not feel any pain and do not experience any problem for urinary. after check it looks like a hematoma of the skin around penis, i have used ice surround penis however the swollen havnt go down. i am wondering in the mean time is there anything i should do ? should i go to emergency for this ??
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 22 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, please go to the emergency Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with only two possibilities , these includes . 1 Paraphimosis , diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination by a surgeon.The tight prepuce has been retracted but cannot be returned , and it is constricting the glans which is engorged and oedematous .The diagnosis is apparent at a glance . In my clinical practice this is a very common condition .Not an emergency case .Treatment is very simple and consult a surgeon . One ml normal saline +150 turbidity units of hyaluronidase is injected into each lateral aspect of the swollen ring of prepuce. 15 minute later swelling will reduce . If not then surgeon will do its work. 2 Phimosis ,due to narrowing opening of prepuce .Only circumcision is the treatment . In my opinion consult a surgeon and get his opinion as I mentioned above. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will reply in follow up. Good luck. Dr. HET