Why am I having headache on right side of head after waking up?

Nov 2013

Hi , Need advice for the headache at right side of head .It normally comes when 1)Wake up late in the morning(10AM,11AM) 2)After sleeping in the evening 3)If am having constipation. Can you please suggest ,do i need to consider this more seriously.Head ache is not that severe but 90% of time it cause pain in right side center point of head . Looking for your helpful advice . Thanks .
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXX, Thank you for posting your query on Healthcare Magic! First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not serious and there is no need to worry about them. The most likely cause of your headaches could be muscle tension headaches, also referred to as tension headaches. As of now, you can be started on medications such as dothiepin (prothiaden). If you do not get better, then, a brain scan may be done to exclude any internal brain problem. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: