Why am I having fluttering sensation in leg?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Just have a wierd fluttering feeling in my left leg, just above the knee. Sporadic, Started yesterday, no pain. Never had it before.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 49 minutes later

By fluttering sensation in leg or muscle fluttering I assume are twitches. They are usually related to anxiety / stress, caffeine, and often occur after recent strenuous activity or muscle over-use. So it is important in such cases to reduce stress / anxiety levels and to reduce caffeine intake.
Treatment is not necessary. However minimizing caffeine and stress, and treating anxiety (if it is present) will improve your symptoms.

Hope this will help you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.