Why am I having discomfort and pain in my penis despite applying clostar ointment?

Hi, Couple of weeks back when I was having intercourse with my wife I got little pain near the joint of penis upper skin and head of penis. I ignored it. On the sameday night during intercourse I observed little blood on my penis. I realized that the joint (frenlum?) is ruptured and restrained from further activity. I consulted my GP and he saw the ruptured area and agreed with my observation that the frenlum is ruptured. He said if it tears further it may require stitches but at this point of time it is not required. He gave me CLOSTAR-GM ointment and some antibiotic for three days. It's been ten days since I have started applying this ointment, normally I don't see any pain or discomfort, so I tried intercourse again with condom so that the rupture will be minimum but even after ten days I still got discomfort and pain so now I am again refraining from intercourse. Since it is sensitive part doest it take more time to heal? Should I be doing any other things for speedy recovery. For last ten days I refrained completely from straining the joint. Any other suggestions or medicines that I should try? I appreciate any help or information on this. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Give it more time. Detailed Answer: Hello.Welcome to XXXXXXX It is common problem than thought. There are two ways of going about this. Give it more time to heal like say 4 weeks and if possible 5-6 weeks. Chances are there that it will heal completely by then. Apart from local ointment nothing else is needed or help in rapid recovery. Now if it heals with scar tissue causing discomfort or still problem recurs then one time ideal solution which can be suggested is adult circumcision. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: Why am I having discomfort and pain in my penis despite applying clostar ointment? 52 minutes later
Thank you. Is Circumscicion process complex? How much time it takes and how many days rest is needed. Right now there is no tear at all, I can see it completely joined. Its just that the pain and discomfort during intercourse. Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Simple and easy treatment. Detailed Answer: It is simple one day procedure, 2-3 days rest is enough. If there is no tear then you can let it heal and see if it recurs.If everything is fine then no need of surgery. Regards.
Follow-up: Why am I having discomfort and pain in my penis despite applying clostar ointment? 4 minutes later
Thank you...
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: It was pleasure assisting you. Please take out time to post a positive review.