Why am I having cough even after taking bluemox, azithroll and glinntius syrup?

Hi, XXXX this side, For last two weak, i am having dry cough. i have taken Tab bluemox twice a day for four days and Syrp Ambrolite 2S for two weak prescribed by Doctor. Also i have taken Tab Azithroll for three days one tab a day and Syrup Glinntius. Now i have stopped to take any medicine, but my cough has not been cleared totally. please advice. XXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: do not take any medicines further Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Sorry about your current health status. You have taken enough medicines in the last 2 weeks. Please do not take any medicines further now. Since it is dry cough, it should subside soon. I would suggest you to consume only hot water orally, drink hot soups as well. Keep yourself warm and take bland diet for a week or two. Do not take cold drinks, ice creams, and refrigerated foods. You can chew strepsils lozenges when the cough increases as and when required. You may want to get a plain x-ray of your chest done to make sure they are normal. You do not need any additional treatment now. Wait and watch for a month, it should be gone. Get well soon. Regards,