Why am I having constant pain behind nipple?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I'm having constant pain behind my left nipple. Been having it for about 4 months now. Feels like ripping or popping at times. I'm 29 years old male. No history of heart problems or heart related problems from both sides of the family.Was seen by doctors two years ago for acid reflux and low t. I'm active on the gym, running etc. whatever your thoughts, I would be greatful with any insight you may have on this.

Thank you
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 46 minutes later
Hi. Thanks for clear history.

Any pain that is constantly present at one place and for long time is unlikely to represent any heart illness. Your overall description suggests some possibility of muscular pain.

Do you have any swelling or pain on pressing there? If there is no such thing, then you can just ignore it. If you feel any mass there, then please consult a skilled general surgeon.

Let me know if you have more concerns.