Why am I having chest pain? Any home remedy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
I am having chest pain on my left side from yesterday. Y? i dont have any other problem. this is the first time i am getting pain. What can be taken home remedy? what can be its cause?
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 16 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, the symptom you described, may occur in a variety of diseases, ranging from acidity, costochondritis, mastalgia to coronary disease. But, being a female, there is lower chance of to be a cardiac problem.

So, most probably, it is due to hyperacidity. But, you have to visit a general physician for clinical examination to rule out any other possibilities.

For present situation, take pantoprazole group of drug in empty stomach daily. Avoid long duration fasting. Try to take light food every 2 hours.

Lastly, consult with a general physician first for clinical examination and for further management.

Hope this information is suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Why am I having chest pain? Any home remedy? 35 minutes later
pantoprazole group of drug means can u tell me the name of medicine i can take. I am slim. i keep my food habits in control and dont take junk foods normally.

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 6 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Pantoprazole group of drugs means drugs like Pan40. you have to take it in empty stomach.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.

Follow-up: Why am I having chest pain? Any home remedy? 13 minutes later
Pan40 for how many days?

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 5 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Firstly, i have already told you to visit a doctor for physical examination to rule out any other possibilities.

In the mean time you can take this Pan 40. But, after consulting the doctor in person, you should take follow the prescription.

Here, I cannot give you prescription. It is impractical.

Regards.