Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I having burning sensation on foreskin after intercourse?

Dec 2012

Hi my boyfriend has been complain of burning on his foreskin after intercourse for two weeks now. I am nervous because I don't feel anything after intercourse. I don't have any itchy,painful, burning feeling. No bumps or lesions either. Could it be a test infection, infection because I do have a grayish white discarge
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting,

It is mostly likely due to bruising (mild and invisible) of the foreskin due to vigorous friction on his pain. His burning pain is due to 'bathing' of his penis by vaginal fluid (which is acidic). Your boyfriend just need some time off sex for the healing to take place. You should also check with your boyfriend if any redness on his foreskin. if you are not having any signs of infection, it means you probably do not have an infection and his burning sensation on the foreskin will most likely not be due to infection.
I suggest that if this persist after a few days to weeks off sex, then he should be consult a doctor for closer checkup.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Bernard