Why am I getting vibration starting from lower abdomen to testicles?

Sep 2012

I have vibration starting in lower abdomen that travels down to testicules. It is intermittent.
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Firstly, the symptoms you told denotes presence of a hernia, which contains a part of gastrointestinal tract.

In this condition a hernia is present in the inguinal region, that may be small or large, reducible or irreducible. It may extend to the scrotum. Through the neck of the hernia, a small part of gastrointestinal tract (mainly large intestine) enters into the pouch and then get trapped. In gastrointestinal tract a peristaltic movement occurs to pass the food. When peristaltic movement occurs in this trapped part of gastrointestinal tract, then intermittent vibration occurs in lower abdomen which extends upto scrotum.

Now, you have to consult a general surgeon for a thorough physical examination to find the nature and definite position of the hernia and also for further management. Ultrasound scan can also be done to identify the problem.

Precaution: If you ignore it, it may aggravate. Sometimes the gastrointestinal tract may get obstructed which may lead to a fatal condition.

Hope the information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.