Why am I getting vibrating sensation in groin area?

Oncologist, Surgical
for about a week my left groin area has a vibration like a cell phone on vibrate mode no pain just annoying like a flutter maybe from my femoral artery it is a buzzing type of feeling when it started it seemed like it happen every few minutes now constant
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Dear sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The condition which you have described is quite common but can be annoying. This occurs due to twitching of muscles in that region which gives a vibration like sensation. This occurs more frequently if you are tensed or worked up. The best way to get rid of this problem is to take your mind off it and relax. With relaxation this problem will subside within a few days to a week.
If it persists, you should visit a neurologist.

Hope you get well soon.
Follow-up: Why am I getting vibrating sensation in groin area? 4 hours later
thank you, is there a possibility of a femoral artery blockage? the flutter has a pulse like sensation is why i ask.
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 24 minutes later
Dear sir,

These are not symptoms of femoral artery blockade. It usually presents with pain in the thigh and blackish discolouration of the leg. If you are really concerned about femoral artery blockade, you can get a colour Doppler done to rule that out.

Hope you get well soon.