Why am I getting stomach ache after eating?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Stomach pain after meals..
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 28 minutes later

Overeating, eating spicy food excessively, or being stationary after eating are some of the causes of stomachache after eating.
Stomach hurt after eating can be due to simple reasons such as too much water intake after meals, an infection, gastritis and acid reflux as well.

If the pain persist and occurs frequently , I advice you to consult the gastroenterologist and take his opinion.

In the meanwhile, you will be benefit by following my advice:
1. Don’t have any kind of spicy food,
2. Avoid smoking and alcohol,
3. Food in small quantity and much more frequently i.e. every two hours is needed,
4. Take plenty of water,
5. Take pantoprazole group of drugs in empty stomach in early morning.

Hope this will help you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.