Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I getting sticky urine?

Aug 2012

hi doctors!

starting last week, i've noticed i always urinating sticky urine? why is that so?
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 2 hours later

It is better you get your blodd glucose tested- even a random blood sample reading should give you an idea where you stand when already the urine is sticky. Mostly the sticky urine is due to excess sugar in the urine which happens due to high sugars.
Once the high blood sugars are confirmed, one can tell you what step to be taken to control them and what type of diabetes you might be having. Meanwhile let me know if you have a family history of diabetes and what your height and weight are.
Please get back to me with random blood glucose reading and I shall guide you further.
Take care. Wish you good luck.