Why am I getting sore throat?

i had a sore throat only on right side for 3 it has switched to left side pain..what can this be
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

Sore throat is usually related to inflammation of the pharynx - the structures located in region are tonsils and adenoids. Inflammation of any of the structures in the pharynx can lead to sore throat.

The change in the location of pain suggests the opposite structure is inflamed with the original structures recovering.

Getting your throat checked by an ENT specialist can confirm this possibility. Consulting a specialist is advisable.

In the interim, warm salt water gargles is recommended.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.