Why am I getting slight pain in testicle and lower abdomen?

Jul 2016

Hi, I have a slight pain that come and go in my left testicle up to my lower abdomen. No lump, nothing abnormal. when I touch it, or press it, it doesn't hurt at all. What could this possibly be?
This has been going on for few days. I did have this problem before when i masturbate too much and i read in the internet that its working too hard to produce sperm. But i havent been doing it for the past 4 days and its been a bit painful. Please help!
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later

Based on what you have described, a mild Varicocele on left side is the first possibility I think of. The pain and discomfort in testicle along with pain in lower abdomen might be due to pulling of the engorged veins. However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination and Doppler study. Therefore please consult some Urologist and get it tested.

About your doubt regarding production of sperm in relation to masturbation, I would like to make it clear that masturbation has no ill effect on production of sperms at all. Please remove this myth from your mind.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Follow-up: Why am I getting slight pain in testicle and lower abdomen? 15 minutes later
Thank you for your answer

How do we treat mild Varicocele and what is the cause of it? I am going overseas tomorrow and would not have the time to get this check until next 2 weeks which is when im going to be back in the country to get this check. Is this going to be okay?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later

Varicocele of the Testicular vein is a condition that occurs due to incompetency of the valves that are place in these veins. These valves prevent the column of the blood to fall while in standing or in vertical position resulting in pooling of the blood and engorgement of these veins.

Since it is minimal you can delay the test to be done. In the meanwhile if you get pain, you may take some pain killers available over the counter and support your scrotum.

Please feel free to ask if you any more questions.

Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Why am I getting slight pain in testicle and lower abdomen? 28 minutes later
Thank you again
Last question.
What is usually the treatment for this kind of condition? Is this a serious condition or very common?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 minutes later

Thanks for your query. If the varicocele is minimal and if the pain is just a little discomfort, no treatment is required.

Varicocele of grade 3-4 is associated with infertility. In that case, one may have to undergo surgery which involves ligation of the engorged veins.

Hope I have answered your queries.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr. Patil.