Why am I getting pin prick sensation periodically?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I periodically feel a 'pin prick'
sensation in my arm. No numbness or redness.
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

Pin prick sensation in your case might be due to anxiety, stress, neuropathy or even diabetes.

Do not worry, most of the time, the causes of pinprick feeling on skin, especially on the face, arms and hands are benign in nature and can be treated very well.

I suggest you to get checked your blood sugar levels, because an increased sugar levels on the blood disturbs the natural functioning of the nerves. If diabetes runs in your family genes, better consult a doctor about how you can manage your sugar levels.

You should reduce your stress and anxiety levels. This will help in properly balancing your hormones.

Do regular exercises It will release happy hormones like endorphins.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.