Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I getting pain in back of penis after an intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hello Doctor, In the recent days I get a strange pain in my penis whenever I have intercourse with my spouse. I.e., after the intercourse is done I get a pain in the backend of my penis (sort of pull in the nerve) and I feel like to pass urine for couple of times. Pain remains for sometime and disappears after a while when urine is passed forcefully. Though I get a good erection but it doesn't long last as it use to be in my earlier days. I do feel that I don't have much energy in my legs next day morning and feel weak. Recently I was diagnosed for lack of vitamin D due to weakness and stress and was under medicine (Remylin D) for 2-3 months and stopped now
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 47 hours later
Brief Answer: It is likely to be due to inflammation of Urethra Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have severe pain in your penis after intercourse. During erection there is increased flow of blood to penis to the extent of 12 times than normal.which causes congestion of urethra .During ejaculation the thick semen remains attached to the urethral mucosa which gives rise to urge to pass urine for couple of times .The pain in penis is due to combined effect of congestion and thick semen and pain subsides after passing urine as the semen gets washed away while urinating. As regards your problem of erection lasting for a short period this is most likely to be due to anxiety and stress .This is insignificant and does happen to every body at some point of time in life. Do not worry It will get resolved over a period of time. Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation. 1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning. 2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc 3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.. 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.. You can take Sildenafil once daily on demand ( 1 Hour before sex) to sustain erection for a long time and delay ejaculation. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Why am I getting pain in back of penis after an intercourse? 12 hours later
Hello Doctor Thanks for your detailed answer, this really helps for me to concentrate on my health. One small correction in my earlier request is that I feel like urinating only after the sex and not during our before to it. Even the pain occurs to me only after having intercourse.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: This is due to semen attached to urethral mucosa. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. I have explained in detail about the cause of pain and urge to pass urine .Do not worry this happens to 70% of men after intercourse and is insignificant, Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.