Why am I getting headache and pain in eye?

Having far vision spec's since last few years now with power of 2. But every now and then I have headache and pain in eye's and I need to use eye tone every time.

Is it normal or something to be done

Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The symptoms you have could be due to strain in the ciliary muscle inside the eye which may occur due to faulty correction of the refractive error. This condition is called "Asthenopia".

Headache and pain around the eyes are very typical symptoms seen in Asthenopia.

If the refractive error you mentioned above is of far vision (Plus 2) then there are chances of glaucoma. Here you may have to get the Intraocular pressure (IOP) measured by a Tonometer.

Itone eye drops is a Herbal preparation and treats allergy related inflammation in the eye. It does not help the symptoms you have.

Do consult the Ophthalmologist and get your refraction and IOP tested. Once the refraction is corrected accurately then you will have no symptoms.

Hope I answered your query. Please do ask doubts, if any.

Wish you good health.