Why am I getting headache and feeling tired after driving in sunlight?

Hello Doctor

I just wanted to write to you right away; just so I can feel safe again. Im not sure if it's anything worrying about or not; but I'll ask anyway :)

Iam From the Faroe Islands; and we don't usually have much of sunlight here; but last morning when I was driving to work; I had my sunglasses on; with UV-protection ofcourse but the glasses are not very dark; -- the sun became extremely strong and I almost needed to stop the car. I had two pair of sunglasses in the car; so I decided to use them both together; so the sun didn't take the view. But The sun was so strong that I couln't avoid to look so that I got the sun straight into my eyes(sunglasses); so that I didn't drove of the street. I used two pair of sunglasses all the way; but the day after I feel very tired in my eyes; and a little headache also. the sun was extremly strong straight into my car for about 4-5 minutes.

Im not sure if it's because Im just tired or maybe to little of sleep; or it's the strong sunlight last morning.

Do I have anything to worry about ?; i don't use glasses; and I usually see very well, also today.

Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 10 hours later

I have seen the image that you sent.There is nothing to worry about.Sunlight cannot cause damage over a short exposure.Maybe you are just tired and exhausted.Rinse your eyes with cold water and you will be fine.

I will be available to answer any furthur queries if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah