Why am I getting headache after wearing glass, hear clips or hair bands?

Hello, I have a questions about my headaches.
Every time i have a metal object touching my head (i.e glasses, XXXXXXX pins, hair clips, head bands) I get headaches like 20 minutes later. This has been happening for some time. i first noticed this when i got my first pair of glasses (metal frames)in h.s 2003 (I'm in graduate school now) I couldn't wear them more than a couple of hours. As soon I would take take them off the headache would subdue immediately, same goes for any other metal object that comes in contact with my head. It doesn't matter what part of my head as long as its touching it. it doesn't work if I'm wearing metal earrings, or a hair clip that on the hair but not my scalp. So my question id why is this happening and what could i do about it?
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting this question.

Headache can be due to migraine, cluster headache, brain tumor, infection, vascular malformations and so on. Further, the presence or absence of certain symptoms can help us narrow down the diagnosis. These are the duration of headache, vomiting/nausea, redness of eyes, conjunctival tearing, weakness of hands/legs, and loss of consciousness and so on. Please provide the necessary information as to comment better.

With the limited information, I think you need to be examined by a consultant Neurologist.. His/her formal interview with you as well clinical examination will give us better idea about what exactly could be the cause of such headache. Further he will let you know if a brain scan is required to rule out secondary causes.

One good possibility is that you may have migraine which might get aggravated by the way you have described. So I urge you to get evaluated by a local neurologist

Hope this will help you. Please get back to me if you have further query.

Dr Gopal Krishna Dash
MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology), Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist