Why am I getting frequent urination and burning penis tip in cold?

When I get a cold (usually with no temperature, although I feel as if I do have a slight temperature) I often get a burning pain and general sensitivity at the tip of my penis as well, together with increased urination. When the cold goes the pain goes. Why is this? This can also happen if I have a stomach upset, or some other slight illness.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
This phenomenon , unfortunately has no scientific explanation.
Generally, if one part of the body is affected by an illness, there is a tendency for other parts to react, by hormonal changes.
This is probably the only explanation and diet changes that occur during the illness can also affect urination.

Wishing you best health