Why am I getting fever after taking cepodem XP 325 mg along with T-mini?

Jan 2013

I have been prescribed Cepodem XP 325 mg along with T-minic by the Doctor. Whenever I take this (three times since yesterday), after about couple of hours, my temperature goes up (101.2 F is what I have measured as hightest). I was told to take Diclomol as SOS. I do and fever sub-sides. However, Diclomol is a pain reliever and am now concerned as to why I am getting fever. Please help.
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 45 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Although you have not mentioned your symptoms and disease, prescribed medicines suggest that you are suffering from acute upper respiratory tract infection.
Acute upper respiratory tract infection is most of the times viral in origin with secondary bacterial infection.
These viral infection has span of 3-4 days and symptoms may persist during these days.
Antibiotics is given to treat/ prevent secondary bacterial infection.
Diclomol contains diclofenac and paracetamol. Both of them are NSAIDs.
NSAIDS group medicines are not only pain reliever but also antipyretics (which decreases fever) also.
You should again consult with your treating doctor and should take diclomol regularly under supervision.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava